Homework ESOL level 3 course
At the reception desk at the Plaza Hotel – homework. When you complained at the reception desk at the Plaza Hotel, you felt that the receptionist was not very helpful. She noted your complaint, but she didn’t apologize or offer any compensation.
You still feel angry about this. After you return home you decide to write a letter to the hotel manager.
1.Invent an address for the Plaza Hotel.
2. Write this and your own address in the correct places at the top of the page.
3. Open with Dear Sir/Madam,
4. In the first paragraph, tell the manager what the breakfast was like.
5. In the second paragraph, say what happened at the reception desk.
6. In the third paragraph, say what you want the manager to do.
7. End with Yours faithfully,
8. Sign the letter and print your name underneath.
9. Write approximately 150 words.
River Clyde Road
This morning I had the breakfast in your hotel and I have to say it was a very bad experience. I ordered 2 boiled eggs, some cheese and a cup of hot milk. They brought me eggs and cheese long before milk, but no bread. I was eating my boiled eggs when the waiter spilled hot milk on my dress. After that, he just laughed and gave me some paper towels to clean my dress.
Later on I went to the reception desk to complain about his rude behavior and the poor breakfast services. I didn’t ever expect this to happen in Glasgow, in a 5 stars hotel. It is unbelievable and shameful. The receptionist looked at me like I was a cockroach, noted my complaint and then she left me alone in front of the reception desk without a word.
First of all I want you to give more training to your employees because of their inconsiderate behavior. I also want my dress cleaned. It is an expensive one. More than everything I want your staff to apologize and, why not?, I think I have to receive any compensation for this terrible experience.